Saturday, July 27, 2013

Life happens!

Why...hi. It's been awhile. And guess what? I'm married! 




(I'll do a wedding post later!)

To my best friend Tike. Being married is awesome- you get to have a sleepover with your best friend every night. You get to cook food together and go on temple trips and visit family members and create a home for each other. You get to wake up to their smiling face ever morning, and the first words you hear are 'you are beautiful. I love you.' You get to plan out your lives together, decide on furniture, discover new hobbies. Tike said it best: 
'A marriage is like a painting and we are the colors, say you're yellow and I'm blue. A good marriage combines them, and therefore has three colors to paint with, yellow, green, and blue. Some people get married and become only green. Or some get married and stay their yellow and blue. Marriage isn't about losing who you are or being with them 24/7 and doing all of the same things, it's about creating a separate paint color, discovering who you are as a couple and who you are individually. And the best part, we have an eternity to paint the most beautiful story of all: our love."

He is wonderful. And I agree, what makes a wonderful marriage is being able to grow both individually and together. Tike and I share interests, of course we do. But we also have our own in which we love to thrive in. He encourages me to do what I love to do, even if he doesn't do it with me, and I do the same for him. But we also have things that wevlove to do together. And in that, we create our own balance of love, companionship, and friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment